Approx. 2 hours
All Skill Levels
This 2-hour module provides a thorough overview of Motivational Interviewing focusing on the implementation of M.I. in day-to-day practice and includes opportunities to pause, reflect, and practice the skills as the module progresses. Participants from all skill-levels will increase their knowledge and skills in Motivational Interviewing. Jonnae brings stories, examples, and humor to keep participants engaged.
This training applied for 2 clock hours through NE-MDS, an approver of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- 2-Hour Recorded Module
- 12 Months of Access
- PDF of Materials Included
- Signed Certificate of Completion
- Recognize barriers unintentionally created in healthcare conversations.
- Listen for clients’ values, concerns, and beliefs as the foundation to build effective treatment plans.
- Practice and strengthen reflecting back before responding with information or advice, thus avoiding ineffective “ping-pong-style" conversations.
- Identify Change Talk in written and recorded examples.
- Practice Open-Ended Questions and Reflective Listening to evoke Change Talk.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Spirit of M.I.
- Recognize the difference between Affirmations and Praise.
- Provide education and recommendations in an effective style that keeps patients interacting.
Please notify me when January 2024 module is ready
What Attendees Have to Say
Training with Jonnae Tillman was the difference between business as usual, and a new exciting way of working with clients. Her nonjudgmental and positive attitude permeated even the most resistant staff, making them comfortable, open and willing to consider a new step in client services.
Community Health Director | Skagit County Public Health
Jonnae has worked with UW CNE for over a decade. It has truly been an honor to work with her. Simply put, she is a stellar educator and brings with her an infectious enthusiasm and keen ability to translate Motivational Interviewing research into everyday clinical practice. Jonnae is a gem.
Martha DuHamel, MPH Assistant Dean
UW Continuing Nursing Education
M.I. training from Jonnae has been truly the best thing I could have done for the benefit of my patients. They feel as if they are listened to and understood. In turn, they are able to initiate and maintain change on their own, but with my guidance. I wish we had all of our staff trained by Jonnae, our patient satisfaction would very much be impacted, and our ability to provide the best care would be enhanced.
Sea Mar Health Clinic
Jonnae Tillman has provided training to our staff over the past several years and is always one of our most-requested presenters. She deepens their understanding of the topic and encourages staff to think creatively. Jonnae is flexible and adaptable and always provides high-quality trainings. Motivational Interviewing training has significantly enhanced the skills of our staff and has been a direct benefit to our families and children.
Snohomish County ECEAP